Solano BX enables organizations to save on the cost of cloud storage, scaling out compute, and transferring data for hybrid setups while improving performance. BX is a shared block device faster than file servers for read-only or read-mostly workloads.
Solutions Enabled by BX
Scale out compute
BX substantially reduces how much storage you need to provision on each of your compute nodes, reducing overhead and fragmentation across your cluster.
Improve Container Registry Management
BX accelerates your container bringup without waiting for copies to finish.
Cloud Migration/ Lift and Shift
BX makes it easy to run legacy software at object-store prices without rewriting code.
Hybrid Cloud Bursting
BX cuts time out of hybrid compute workflows, saves bandwidth, and provides flexibility by avoiding cloud-provider lock-in.
Solano BX enables these solutions by solving problems commonly found in existing setups and file servers:
- Cutting costs by reducing the footprint for expensive PIOPS AWS EBS volumes.
- Dynamically attaching central block storage to many CoW clones.
- Lowering object store latency for high performance workloads.
- Solving issues caused by the lack of ephemeral storage on newer AWS EC2 instances.
- Bridging legacy software migration to the cloud (lift-and-shift migrations).
Solano BX is highly flexible and has powerful applications across a number of industries
- SaaS and PaaS cloud scaleouts
- Transcoding and encoding
- Enterprise lift-and-shift migrations
- Machine learning and data science
- Photo and media sharing
- Biomedical and pharmaceutical compute-intensive analysis
Tell Me More About Solano BX
Our typical response time is within 1-6 hours, and never longer than 24 hours.